from 5.2->5.3 lets the system run at considerably higher temperatures

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer
Date: Mon Dec 16 2019 - 10:22:49 EST

Hey.

Since I've upgraded from kernel 5.2 to 5.3 my system runs a
considerably higher temperatures (like 10ÂC or more).
This happens even when it's effectively idle (top shows basically
nothing).
Downgrading again to 5.2 and high temperatures go away.

I did some more detailed description here:
but really have no clue where to start debugging.

It could be that it's somehow graphics related, as when I switch away
from X/Cinnamon to the virtual console, temperatures decrease
considerably.

Anyone else seeing something similar or having some idea how to track
this down?

Thanks,
Chris.