Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the drm-intel-fixes tree

From: Joonas Lahtinen
Date: Thu Dec 19 2019 - 08:11:13 EST

Quoting Jani Nikula (2019-12-19 14:37:02)
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Commits
> >
> > 987e379d7500 ("Revert "devtmpfs: use do_mount() instead of ksys_mount()"")
> > 9bd5ba4fe25a ("Revert "initrd: use do_mount() instead of ksys_mount()"")
> > fa31001c96ad ("Revert "init: use do_mount() instead of ksys_mount()"")
> >
> > are missing a Signed-off-by from their author and committer.
> >
> > Reverts are commits too and should have reasonable commit messages.
>
> Confused. I can't find said commits. And can't fathom why they'd be in
> any drm-intel tree.

Sorry. A glitch in the matrix, as our CI farm is hit by -rc2
regressions. I did the usual trick of pushing the reverts/fixes on top
of drm-intel-fixes to get CI pick them up for a run to get results, and
then proceeded to immediately remove them.

I imagine that if the commit messages got scanned, they get propagated
somewhere else too? Feel free to drop that HEAD completely.

If this is a big inconvenience, we can look into other ways of adding
the patches on top of drm-intel-fixes to get CI working when there
are regressions during -rc1/-rc2.

Regards, Joonas