Re: refcount_warn_saturate WARNING (was: Re: cls_flower: Fix the behavior using port ranges with hw-offload)

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Thu Dec 19 2019 - 16:01:53 EST

Hi Cong,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:50 PM Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:12 AM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I still see the below warning on m68k/ARAnyM during boot with v5.5-rc2
> > and next-20191219.
> > Reverting commit 8ffb055beae58574 ("cls_flower: Fix the behavior using
> > port ranges with hw-offload") fixes that.
> >
> > As this is networking, perhaps this is seen on big-endian only?
> > Or !CONFIG_SMP?
> >
> > Do you have a clue?
> > I'm especially worried as this commit is already being backported to stable.
> > Thanks!
>
> I did a quick look at the offending commit, I can't even connect it to
> any dst refcnt.
>
> Do you have any more information? Like what happened before the
> warning? Does your system use cls_flower filters at all? If so, please
> share your tc configurations.

No, I don't use clf_flower filters. This is just a normal old Debian boot,
where the root file system is being remounted, followed by the warning.

To me, it also looks very strange. But it's 100% reproducible for me.
Git bisect pointed to this commit, and reverting it fixes the issue.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds