Re: [RFC] tools lib traceevent: How to do library versioning being in the Linux kernel source?

From: Konstantin Ryabitsev
Date: Mon Jan 06 2020 - 15:14:06 EST

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 04:47:11PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> Sure, regardless of where you do source code control you will need to
> tag, create a tarball, signatures (which kup helps with) for kernel.org,
> for instance I use:
>
> kup put perf-${VER}.tar.xz perf-${VER}.tar.sign /pub/linux/kernel/tools/perf/v${VER}/perf-${VER}.tar.xz

It's worth noting that you don't have to use kup if you don't want to --
we have a mechanism to create tarball releases directly from tag
signatures. You just have to add a special note to the tag and the
backend does the rest automatically -- we have a handy script [^1] to
make it easier.

Greg KH has been using this process for a while now.

If you would like to switch to that instead of using kup directly, just
let me know.

-K

[^1]: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/korg-helpers.git/tree/git-archive-signer