[BUG]: usb: dwc3: gadget: broken on OMAP5432

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Date: Wed Jan 08 2020 - 04:00:00 EST

Hi,
I noticed that the usb ethernet gadget driver is broken since v5.5-rc2
and 5.4.4, but only for our OMAP5 board. Our OMAP3 boards work with
the same tree, kernel binary and user-space (Debian Stretch).

The symptom is that I can see the interface on the host PC being
enumerated and IP addresses etc. are set up. But a ping in either
direction fails/times out.

After inspecting diffs I found some changes in dwc3:gadget
and indeed omap3/twl4030 uses musb and omap5 uses dwc3.

Reverting

a7f7e61270f1 ("usb: dwc3: gadget: Fix logical condition");

on v5.5-rc makes it work again.

BTW: v4.19.90 works although it includes this logical condition fix.
So the real difference between v4.19 and v5.5 may be elsewhere in
newer kernels and only be revealed by the patch.

If important: my setup is running with USB2 cable and speed
only.

So please check this and other recent dwc3 patches for introducing
a stall of communication.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus Schaller