Re: linux-next: manual merge of the selinux tree with the keys tree

From: Paul Moore
Date: Tue Feb 11 2020 - 21:03:26 EST

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:35 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the selinux tree got conflicts in:
>
> security/selinux/include/security.h
> security/selinux/ss/services.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 87b14da5b76a ("security/selinux: Add support for new key permissions")
>
> from the keys tree and commit:
>
> 7470d0d13fb6 ("selinux: allow kernfs symlinks to inherit parent directory context")
>
> from the selinux tree.

Thanks for bringing this up Stephen, I wasn't aware that patch had hit
the keys tree.

Unless I missed a message in the SELinux mailing list thread regarding
the "security/selinux: Add support for new key permissions" patch, I
thought there were some outstanding questions (well, just a single big
one I guess) that needed to be resolved before this could go upstream;
did you put this in the keys tree David just for some additional
testing, or because you wanted to send it up to Linus via your tree?

If the latter, I would really prefer if this goes to Linus via SELinux
tree as it conflicts with some SELinux ABI changes and I would rather
we handle that in the SELinux tree instead of having to send manual
merge instructions up to Linus during the next merge window.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com