Re: [GIT PULL]: dmaengine updates for v5.7-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Apr 02 2020 - 19:28:25 EST

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:25 AM Vinod Koul <vkoul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here are the changes for this cycle. SFR has told me that you might see
> a merge conflict, but I am sure you would be okay with it :)

It looked trivial enough. That said, it's in the TI_K3_UDMA driver,
which I can't build. The driver is marked as COMPILE_TEST, but it also
has

depends on TI_SCI_PROTOCOL
depends on TI_SCI_INTA_IRQCHIP

which means that it depends on TI_MESSAGE_MANAGER, which in turn has a

depends on ARCH_KEYSTONE || ARCH_K3

so it may be *marked* for build testing, but it doesn't actually get
any outside of those builds.

So I did the resolution that looked trivial, but mistakes happen, and
I can't even build-test that driver..

Just a heads-up. It does look like it was _meant_ to be build-tested,
but that intent didn't work out.

Adding a COMPILE_TEST option to TI_MESSAGE_MANAGER gets things a bit
further, but even then it doesn't actually build that driver because
that TI_SCI_INTA_IRQCHIP dependency needs to be enabled too.

And that one doesn't even have a question, it's just a plain bool, and
expects to be selected. Which the arm64 platform does.

Anyway, to make a long story short: "the COMPILE_TEST marker is a lie".

So somebody should actually test my merge.

Linus