Re: drm/tve200: Checking for a failed platform_get_irq() call in tve200_probe()

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Apr 10 2020 - 08:26:18 EST

>> I found 20 source files from the software âLinux next-20200408â
>> which seem to contain similar update candidates.
>> Would you like to clarify any extensions for improved applications
>> of scripts with the semantic patch language (Coccinelle software)
>> for corresponding analysis and transformation purposes?
> Please just send a series of patches, one for each driver.

I am used to this possibility for years.

> Each changelog needs to explain the rationale behind the change.

I hope to achieve higher confidence also around specific checks
for return values of Linux functions so that unwanted misunderstandings
can be avoided for mentioned implementation details.

> As for coccinelle - I cannot help you.

I might help you more also by the means of this development tool
if related system factors can be improved somehow.

Regards,
Markus