Re: [Patch v10 0/9] Introduce Thermal Pressure

From: Thara Gopinath
Date: Thu Apr 16 2020 - 10:00:23 EST

On 4/14/20 11:57 AM, Paul Gortmaker wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 7:52 PM Thara Gopinath <thara.gopinath@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thermal governors can respond to an overheat event of a cpu by
capping the cpu's maximum possible frequency. This in turn
means that the maximum available compute capacity of the
cpu is restricted. But today in the kernel, task scheduler is
not notified of capping of maximum frequency of a cpu.
In other words, scheduler is unaware of maximum capacity
restrictions placed on a cpu due to thermal activity.
This patch series attempts to address this issue.

I'm just seeing this now via -rc1 and "make oldconfig".

I'd suggest taking some of the above info and using it to
create a Kconfig help text for the new option that was added.
Hi Paul,

I will send a patch adding some details to the Kconfig text.

--
Warm Regards
Thara