Re: Multiple regulators for one device [was drm/panfrost: add devfreq regulator support]

From: ClÃment PÃron
Date: Sun Apr 19 2020 - 05:25:23 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 14:33, ClÃment PÃron <peron.clem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Robin,
>
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 13:10, Robin Murphy <robin.murphy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 2020-04-16 2:42 pm, Steven Price wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Perhaps a better approach would be for Panfrost to hand over the struct
> > > regulator objects it has already got to the OPP framework. I.e. open
> > > code dev_pm_opp_set_regulators(), but instead of calling
> > > regulator_get_optional() simply populate the regulators we already have?

Just saw that a Lima devfreq[0] has been also introduced with I think
exactly the same logic.

Is this something that hasn't been triggered by Maintainer or I am
missing something?

I will backport some remarks made on the lima devfreq to improve panfrost one.
They are almost identical.

Regards,
Clement

0: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-misc/commit/?id=1996970773a323533e1cc1b6b97f00a95d675f32