Re: [v3,net-next 1/4] net: qos: introduce a gate control flow action

From: Allan W. Nielsen
Date: Thu Apr 23 2020 - 15:17:52 EST

On 23.04.2020 10:38, Vinicius Costa Gomes wrote:
EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the content is safe

Po Liu <Po.Liu@xxxxxxx> writes:
tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip \
flower src_ip 192.168.0.20 \
action gate index 2 clockid CLOCK_TAI \
sched-entry open 200000000 -1 8000000 \
sched-entry close 100000000 -1 -1

From the insight that Vladimir gave, it really makes it easier for me to
understand if you added these filters and actions in two steps. The
first, you would add the "time based" actions and the second you would
plug the filters into the actions. And I think this would match real
world usage better.
I agree.

/Allan