Re: net/sonic: Fix some resource leaks in error handling paths

From: Finn Thain
Date: Tue May 12 2020 - 21:20:53 EST

On Tue, 12 May 2020, Markus Elfring wrote:

> > Markus, if you were to write a patch to improve upon coding-style.rst,
> > who should review it?
>
> All involved contributors have got chances to provide constructive
> comments.

But how could someone be elevated to "involved contributor" if their
patches were to be blocked by arbitrary application of the rules?

> I would be curious who will actually dare to contribute further ideas
> for this area.

You seem to be uniquely positioned to do that, if only because you cited
rules which don't appear to support your objection.

> > If you are unable to write or review such a patch, how can you hope to
> > adjudicate compliance?
>
> I can also try to achieve more improvements here to see how the
> available software documentation will evolve.

When the people who write and review the coding standards are the same
people who write and review the code, the standards devolve (given the
prevailing incentives).