Re: [git pull] drm for 5.8-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jun 02 2020 - 17:56:38 EST

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 2:21 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm still working through the rest of the merge, so far that was the
> only one that made me go "Whaa?".

Hmm. I'm also ending up effectively reverting the drm commit
b28ad7deb2f2 ("drm/tidss: Use simple encoder") because commit
9da67433f64e ("drm/tidss: fix crash related to accessing freed
memory") made the premise of that simply encoder commit no longer be
true.

If there is a better way to sort that out (ie something like "use
simple encoder but make it free things at destroy time"), I don't know
of it.

I'll let you guys fight it out (added people involved with those
commits to the participants,

Linus