Re: system time goes weird in kvm guest after host suspend/resume

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Jun 04 2020 - 13:31:01 EST

Miklos,

Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Of course this does not reproduce here. What kind of host is this
>> running on? Can you provide a full demsg of the host please from boot to
>> post resume?
>
> Plus /proc/cpuinfo please (one CPU is sufficient)

thanks for providing the data. Unfortunately not really helpful. The
host has a non-stop TSC and the dmesg does not contain anything which
sheds light on this.

I grabbed a similar machine, installed a guest with 5.7 kernel and I'm
still unable to reproduce. No idea yet how to get down to the real root
cause of this.

Thanks,

tglx