Re: coccinelle: api: add kvfree script

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Jun 06 2020 - 05:50:55 EST

>>> + E = \(kmalloc@kok\|kzalloc@kok\|krealloc@kok\|kcalloc@kok\|kmalloc_node@kok\|kzalloc_node@kok\|kmalloc_array@kok\|kmalloc_array_node@kok\|kcalloc_node@kok\)(...)
>>
>> I would prefer an other coding style here.
>>
>> * Items for such SmPL disjunctions can be specified also on multiple lines.
>>
>> * The semantic patch language supports further means to handle function name lists
>> in more convenient ways.
>> Would you like to work with customised constraints?
>
> Please don't follow this advice.

I suggest to reconsider such feedback.

Do the previous comments contain helpful information?

> Coccinelle is not able to optimize its search process

The software contains some limitations which might be changeable.

> according to the information in constraints.

Will related solution ideas become more interesting?

> It will needlessly parse many files.

Such an effect would be undesirable.

* Would you like to clarify other software development options any more?

* How will design goals evolve?

Regards,
Markus