Re: add an API to check if a streamming mapping needs sync calls

From: Daniel Borkmann
Date: Wed Jul 08 2020 - 05:01:43 EST

On 2020-06-29 15:03, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
Hi all,

this series lifts the somewhat hacky checks in the XSK code if a DMA
streaming mapping needs dma_sync_single_for_{device,cpu} calls to the
DMA API.

Thanks a lot for working on, and fixing this, Christoph!

I took the series for a spin, and there are (obviously) no performance
regressions.

Would the patches go through the net/bpf trees or somewhere else?

Where did this end up? I still don't see it in Linus' tree and this
is getting urgent now.

It was merged into bpf tree and we sent the PR to DaveM which was merged into
net tree around a week ago [0]; I assume the PR for net might go to Linus soon
this week.

[0] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net.git/commit/?id=e708e2bd55c921f5bb554fa5837d132a878951cf