Re: [selftests] 7cb32086e5: kernel-selftests.x86.check_initial_reg_state_32.fail

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Fri Jul 10 2020 - 10:18:54 EST

On 7/10/20 12:02 AM, Yauheni Kaliuta wrote:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 6:36 PM Shuah Khan <skhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/9/20 12:49 AM, kernel test robot wrote:
Greeting,

FYI, we noticed the following commit (built with gcc-9):

commit: 7cb32086e59b514a832a3e11f5370d37e7cfe022 ("selftests: simplify run_tests")
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git master

Thanks for the report. I will drop this patch for now from next.

Yauheni,

This patch broke x86 32-bit test run
make run_tests -C x86

Please resubmit the patch with the fix.

I did not check carefully the report, but isn't it expected that some
tests are moved after the patch since they originally were placed
incorrectly?

The failure doesn't have anything to do with test being moved. You can
reproduce this very easily by running make as shown below in x86 dir
under tools/testing/selftests

make run_tests -C x86

I reproduced the problem with your and patch and verified that the
problem tracks your patch. I dropped the patch from linux-next
Your other two patches in the series are fine.

In any case, this patch isn't really adding any functionality and
is a good cleanup. Let's do the cleanup right or not.

thanks,
-- Shuah