Re: [Regression] "SUNRPC: Add "@len" parameter to gss_unwrap()" breaks NFS Kerberos on upstream stable 5.4.y

From: Kai-Heng Feng
Date: Fri Jul 17 2020 - 13:56:21 EST

> On Jul 18, 2020, at 01:34, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 17, 2020, at 1:29 PM, Pierre Sauter <pierre.sauter@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chuck,
>>
>> Am Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2020, 21:25:40 CEST schrieb Chuck Lever:
>>> So this makes me think there's a possibility you are not using upstream
>>> stable kernels. I can't help if I don't know what source code and commit
>>> stream you are using. It also makes me question the bisect result.
>>
>> Yes you are right, I was referring to Ubuntu kernels 5.4.0-XX. From the
>> discussion in the Ubuntu bugtracker I got the impression that Ubuntu kernels
>> 5.4.0-XX and upstream 5.4.XX are closely related, obviously they are not. The
>> bisection was done by the original bug reporter and also refers to the Ubuntu
>> kernel.
>>
>> In the meantime I tested v5.4.51 upstream, which shows no problems. Sorry for
>> the bother.
>
> Pierre, thanks for confirming!
>
> Kai-Heng suspected an upstream stable commit that is missing in 5.4.0-40,
> but I don't have any good suggestions.

Well, Ubuntu's 5.4 kernel is based on upstream stable v5.4, so I asked users to test stable v5.4.51, however the feedback was negative, and that's the reason why I raised the issue here.

Anyway, good to know that it's fixed in upstream stable, everything's good now!
Thanks for your effort Chuck.

Kai-Heng