Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the crypto tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Jul 20 2020 - 02:29:37 EST

Hi Uros,

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 08:13:51 +0200 Uros Bizjak <ubizjak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 6:03 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Please find attached the incremental patch that puts back integer
> > > parts of inst.h. This resolves the conflict with the tip tree.
> >
> > The tip tree change needs the XMM parts kept as well, sorry.
>
> Strange, because I did test my patch with the tip tree from
> 'origin/master' at commit a282cddefe90c4b21ef2c22a76a7c3ebd3ec6b86 and
> the compilation produced the same lonely rdpid %eax in
> .altinstr_replacement section. AFAICS, the header is included only for
> RDPID macro, where XMM registers are unused.
>
> > So I ended up just removing the actual now unused crypto instruction
> > macros.
>
> To avoid any further troubles, this is also OK with me.

Sorry, I see what happened now. Since your patch was not in the crypto
tree yet, I did a fixup to the tip tree merge based on your patch, but
did it by hand and didn't remove the XMM bits from the REG_TYPE
macro ...

So your original patch is probably all good (especially since you
actually tested it :-))

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell