Re: [GIT PULL 0/5] ARM: SoC: changes for v5.9

From: Konrad Dybcio
Date: Wed Aug 05 2020 - 15:59:07 EST

> I did not know how popular PinePhone is. Does it currently have useful
> battery life?

It basically sells out in a few days after a new batch is up :D You
might want to join some pine64 irc/matrix/telegram channels.
Currently, as far as I'm aware (I haven't got one), it can survive a
full day but enhancements are still coming.

> Would something like phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx be useful for low-level
> stuff?

It would certainly make for less spam (yes, I once got (jokingly)
called out for "spamming" linux-arm-msm :D) on the general arm lists.
Many commits just tackle DTS or some bizarre only-found-on-phones
hardware. Considering Xiaomi releases 1 phone a week on average,
expect to be flooded when mainlining gets popular on sites like
XDA-Developers forums where many Android devs currently are. Also it
would be easier for people to find other phone/mobile developers.

Also, you guys might want to consider arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/vendor
in the future to prevent it from becoming a mess of a directory that
arch/arm/boot/dts is (though that will obviously take some time) :P

Konrad