Re: [RFC v6 00/10] DAMON: Support Physical Memory Address Space Monitoring

From: SeongJae Park
Date: Thu Aug 06 2020 - 04:32:55 EST

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 08:59:41 +0200 SeongJae Park <sjpark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: SeongJae Park <sjpark@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Changes from Previous Version
> =============================
>
> - paddr: Support nested iomem sections (Du Fan)
> - Rebase on v5.8
>
> Introduction
> ============
>
> DAMON[1] programming interface users can extend DAMON for any address space by
> configuring the address-space specific low level primitives with appropriate
> ones including their own implementations. However, because the implementation
> for the virtual address space is only available now, the users should implement
> their own for other address spaces. Worse yet, the user space users who rely
> on the debugfs interface and user space tool, cannot implement their own.
>
> This patchset implements another reference implementation of the low level
> primitives for the physical memory address space. With this change, hence, the
> kernel space users can monitor both the virtual and the physical address spaces
> by simply changing the configuration in the runtime. Further, this patchset
> links the implementation to the debugfs interface and the user space tool for
> the user space users.
>
> Note that the implementation supports only the user memory, as same to the idle
> page access tracking feature.
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20200706115322.29598-1-sjpark@xxxxxxxxxx/

This patchset doesn't works for physical address monitoring because I forgot
below patch. Sorry for missing it. Please apply it before you test this
patchset. Or, you can clone the patch applied complete git tree:

$ git clone git://github.com/sjp38/linux -b cdamon/rfc/v6.1

The web is also available:
https://github.com/sjp38/linux/releases/tag/cdamon/rfc/v6.1

The patch will be split and squashed in appropriate patch in the next spin.