Re: VAIO EEPROM support in at24

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Fri Aug 07 2020 - 05:31:50 EST

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 16:36:55 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> 1* Do we actually need to use a struct resource? With the current
> requirements, that looks overkill to me. We really only need the
> start and end offsets of the masked area (or start and length). Or
> do you plan to ever support multiple masked ranges, and
> resource.child would be used to daisy-chain these ranges? Personally
> I would wait until the need exists.

Dang, turns out that the need already exists. I just found that the
eeprom driver masks *2* areas of the Sony VAIO EEPROMs. I should know
because I'm the one who made that change but that was 13 years ago and
my memory doesn't go that far back.

I'll think of a way to support that. Still not a big fan of
daisy-chained resource structs though. Maybe a generic post-processing
callback function would do... I'll give that a try.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support