Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the thunderbolt tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Aug 09 2020 - 14:08:39 EST

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 1:19 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I looks like the above report got lost along the way to you :-(

Hmm. Why didn't I see this as a build failure?

Oh. Because the USB4_KUNIT_TEST stuff requires everything to be built
in. And I have them as modules.

That's a bit unfortunate. I see the commentary in commit 54509f5005ca
("thunderbolt: Add KUnit tests for path walking") about how this is
fine because only developers run the tests, but it has this very
unfortunate side issue of not getting a lot of build coverage either.

> Here's the patch in case you want to directly apply it:

Will do. Thanks,

Linus