Re: PROBLEM: Long Workqueue delays V2

From: Jim Baxter
Date: Thu Aug 27 2020 - 08:33:09 EST

Has anyone any ideas of how to investigate this delay further?

Comparing the perf output for unplugging the USB stick and using umount
which does not cause these delays in other workqueues the main difference
is that the problem case is executing the code in invalidate_mapping_pages()
and a large part of that arch_local_irq_restore() which is part of
releasing a lock, I would usually expect that requesting a lock would be
where delays may occur.

--94.90%--invalidate_partition
__invalidate_device

|--64.55%--invalidate_bdev