Re: [RFT 09/25] ARM: dts: s5pv210: fix number of I2S DAI cells

From: Sylwester Nawrocki
Date: Tue Sep 08 2020 - 04:38:56 EST

On 9/8/20 08:53, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 04:55:26PM -0700, Jonathan Bakker wrote:
Sadly, this is causing issues for me. The machine driver is no longer probing correctly
on the Galaxy S.

The failing call in sound/soc/samsung/aries_wm8994.c is

/* Set CPU of_node for BT DAI */
aries_dai[2].cpus->of_node = of_parse_phandle(cpu,
"sound-dai", 1);

where cpus->of_node is not set properly. Which is definitely weird because it doesn't
look like this should affect that.

Let me know if there's any specific test that you want me to do.
Thanks for the tests. I wonder now if this was working before because
really my change should not break it... I'll think more about it.

I think of_parse_phandle_with_args() needs to be used instead of just
of_parse_phandle() for that to work, as AFAICS the latter assumes the
cells count == 0. We would need first to update the driver and then dts.