Re: remove set_fs for riscv v2

From: Palmer Dabbelt
Date: Wed Sep 09 2020 - 00:59:46 EST

On Sun, 06 Sep 2020 22:58:17 PDT (-0700), Christoph Hellwig wrote:
Hi all,

this series converts riscv to the new set_fs less world and is on top of this
branch:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs.git/log/?h=base.set_fs

The first four patches are general improvements and enablement for all nommu
ports, and might make sense to merge through the above base branch.

Seems like it to me. These won't work without the SET_FS code so I'm OK if you
guys want to keep them all together. Otherwise I think I'd need to wait until
the SET_FS stuff gets merged before taking any of these, which would be a bit
of a headache.

Thanks!

Changes since v1:
- implement __get_user_fn and __put_user_fn for the UACCESS_MEMCPY case
and remove the small constant size optimizations in raw_copy_from_user
and raw_copy_to_user
- reshuffle the patch order a little

Diffstat
arch/riscv/Kconfig | 2
arch/riscv/include/asm/thread_info.h | 6 -
arch/riscv/include/asm/uaccess.h | 177 +++++++++++++++++------------------
arch/riscv/kernel/process.c | 1
arch/riscv/lib/Makefile | 2
include/asm-generic/uaccess.h | 109 +++++++++++++--------