Aw: Re: [question] KBUILD_OUTPUT and modules install (with INSTALL_MOD_PATH)

From: Frank Wunderlich
Date: Tue Sep 15 2020 - 04:10:47 EST

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. September 2020 um 09:54 Uhr
> Von: "Masahiro Yamada" <masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx>

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:42 PM Frank Wunderlich
> <frank-w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes i exported it before use at beginning of my script [1] and modules_install used inside install function [2]. It works with build-function [3].

> > [1] https://github.com/frank-w/BPI-R2-4.14/blob/5.9-rc/build.sh#L75
> > [2] https://github.com/frank-w/BPI-R2-4.14/blob/5.9-rc/build.sh#L368
> > [3] https://github.com/frank-w/BPI-R2-4.14/blob/5.9-rc/build.sh#L578
>
> [3] is unrelated since
> "#&& make modules_install 2>&3" is commented out.

i just wanted to point to build-process where KBUILD_OUTPUT is used :)

> In [1], you export KBUILD_OUTPUT as a normal user,
> then in [2], you run the commands with 'sudo'.
>
> That is why KBUILD_OUTPUT was not passed.

thank you very much...i remember why (because the sudo) i passed the vars here i already exported ;)

i tried the KERNEL_DIR here (found somewhere but not checked in Makefile), but not the KBUILD_OUTPUT, don't ask me why...with passing KBUILD_OUTPUT there all works as expected.

sudo make ARCH=$ARCH INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$INSTALL_MOD_PATH KBUILD_OUTPUT=$KBUILD_OUTPUT modules_install

Thanks for pointing to this ;)

regards Frank