On 9/2/20 1:29 AM, Ravi Bangoria wrote:[...]
Patch #1 fixes issue for quardword instruction on p10 predecessors.
Patch #2 fixes issue for vector instructions.
Patch #3 fixes a bug about watchpoint not firing when created with
ptrace PPC_PTRACE_SETHWDEBUG and CONFIG_HAVE_HW_BREAKPOINT=N.
The fix uses HW_BRK_TYPE_PRIV_ALL for ptrace user which, I
guess, should be fine because we don't leak any kernel
addresses and PRIV_ALL will also help to cover scenarios when
kernel accesses user memory.
Patch #4,#5 fixes infinite exception bug, again the bug happens only
Patch #6 fixes two places where we are missing to set hw_len.
Patch #7 introduce new feature bit PPC_DEBUG_FEATURE_DATA_BP_ARCH_31
which will be set when running on ISA 3.1 compliant machine.
Patch #8 finally adds selftest to test scenarios fixed by patch#2,#3
and also moves MODE_EXACT tests outside of BP_RANGE condition.
Tested this patch set for:
- SETHWDEBUG when CONFIG_HAVE_HW_BREAKPOINT=N = OK
- Fix exception handling for CONFIG_HAVE_HW_BREAKPOINT=N = OK
- Check for PPC_DEBUG_FEATURE_DATA_BP_ARCH_31 = OK
- Fix quarword instruction handling on p10 predecessors = OK
- Fix handling of vector instructions = OK
Also tested for:
- Set second watchpoint (P10 Mambo) = OK
- Infinity loop on sc instruction = OK