Re: general protection fault in perf_misc_flags

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Sep 22 2020 - 15:29:43 EST

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 11:56:04AM -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> > Gnight and good luck.
>
> Ah, that's a famous quote from journalist Edward R Murrow, who helped
> defeat Senator Joseph McCarthy (Murrow's show See It Now dedicated a
> segment to addressing McCarthy).

Good. Finally someone has recognized this - I use it from time to time
in mails but no one would pick up on it!

And how relevant it is again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEvEmkMNYHY

> Sometimes I fund uncanny parallels between claims of what a compiler
> can do on LKML "without proper regard for evidence" and McCarthyism.
> Falsifiability is an interesting trait. That's why I try to advocate
> for sharing links from godbolt.org as much as possible.

LOL. Good one. :-)

I'll take a look at the rest of your reply tomorrow because brain is
fried for today.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.