Re: [ANNOUNCE] libtraceevent.git

From: Zamir SUN
Date: Mon Oct 12 2020 - 06:19:28 EST

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 6:12 PM Jiri Olsa <jolsa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 01:07:50PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > I split out tools/lib/traceevent from the kernel tree using "git subtree",
> > which recreates all the commits of a directory and makes that directory a
> > stand alone. I then updated the Makefiles, and copied over some of the
> > header files used to build the library. I pushed this up to:
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/libtrace/libtraceevent.git/
> >
> > My hope is that this will now be the source of all updates to the
> > libtraceevent library that can be used as a stand alone package that both
> > perf and tracecmd can use. I would also like powertop and rasdaemon to use
> > this as well.
>
> hi,
> I'm adding this as fedora package, is there a source arhive somewhere
> in git.kernel.org for libtraceevent that spec could download?

Hi Jiri,

I was also working on it before. My way to get the source code is to
manually generate the tarball like what trace-cmd did before.

See my copr
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/zsun/test/build/1699358/
And the spec

https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/zsun/test/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/01699358-libtraceevent/libtraceevent.spec

I haven't have time to follow-up Steven's reply of Oct 9th about the
document compiling yet. If you are willing to work on it now maybe you
can start on top of mine. Otherwise I'll follow-up the packaging
later.

HTH.