Re: [LKP] Re: [hugetlbfs] c0d0381ade: vm-scalability.throughput -33.4% regression

From: Mike Kravetz
Date: Mon Oct 12 2020 - 23:01:38 EST

On 10/12/20 6:59 PM, Xing Zhengjun wrote:

> On 10/13/2020 1:40 AM, Mike Kravetz wrote:
>> On 10/11/20 10:29 PM, Xing Zhengjun wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> I re-test it in v5.9-rc8, the regression still existed. It is almost the same as 34ae204f1851. Do you have time to look at it? Thanks.
>>>

>> Thank you for testing.
>>
>> Just curious, did you apply the series in this thread or just test v5.9-rc8?
>> If just testing v5.9-rc8, no changes to this code were added after 34ae204f1851,
>> so results being the same are expected.
>>

> I just test v5.9-rc8. Where can I find the series patches you mentioned here? Or just wait for the next mainline release?

My apologies. I missed that you were not cc'ed on this thred:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20200706202615.32111-1-mike.kravetz@xxxxxxxxxx/

As mentioned, there will likely be another revision to the way locking is
handled. The new scheme will try to consider performance as is done in
the above link. I suggest you wait for next revision. If you do not mind,
I will cc you when the new code is posted.
--
Mike Kravetz