Re: [Regression] "tpm: Require that all digests are present in TCG_PCR_EVENT2 structures" causes null pointer dereference

From: Tyler Hicks
Date: Tue Oct 13 2020 - 10:31:54 EST

Sorry for coming in so late, I've been on an extended vacation with
little connectivity.

On 2020-10-09 19:06:54, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 05:09:06PM +0800, Kai-Heng Feng wrote:
> > > I do not have yet any reasonable answer to this and my v5.10 PR is
> > > running late. Does everyone agree that I should revert the patch?
> >
> > Given that there are multiple users confirmed reverting the commit
> > helps, can you please revert it and Cc: linux-stable?
>
> I already sent the PR, but I schedule the revert to my rc2 PR.

I'll try to better understand what's going on. I, too, am confused about
how the change would introduce the reported regression. I've only
skimmed the thread so far but it feels like there's possibly a latent
issue that the change may be uncovering on certain systems.

FWIW, we've had this patch applied to our internal kernel for a month
and haven't seen any issues.

Tyler