Re: disabling CONFIG_LED_CLASS (SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK)

From: Udo van den Heuvel
Date: Wed Oct 14 2020 - 04:22:49 EST

On 14-10-2020 10:11, Pavel Machek wrote:
>> It's a computer, not a disco-light or anything like that.
>
> And you probably have numlock LED.

On the case? no way.
It is on the keyboard, a separate device, and already has a function.
We also have a caps lock LED and scroll lock LED there, with separate
functions.
I do not need 'extra' functionality for those.

> Additional config options have costs, too, and we don't want to
> support gazillion config options.

That is not the issue.
One should have thought about stuff beforehand.
One changes an existing situation and one should have understood that
new stuff should never be forced, no matter what the size or functionality.
The non-selectability is not my fault.
The perceived 'complexity' in the patch is not my fault.
My points of view w.r.t. the situation are fairly reasonable and common.
The fact that this change made it to the kernel means that people did
not look into it that well.

Kind regards,
Udo