Re: [RFC] wimax: move out to staging

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Thu Oct 29 2020 - 12:26:32 EST

n Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:56 PM Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:56:28 +0100 Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 10:20:13PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> >
> > Is this ok for me to take through the staging tree? If so, I need an
> > ack from the networking maintainers.
> >
> > If not, feel free to send it through the networking tree and add:
> >
> > Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Thinking about it now - we want this applied to -next, correct?
> In that case it may be better if we take it. The code is pretty dead
> but syzbot and the trivial fix crowd don't know it, so I may slip,
> apply something and we'll have a conflict.

I think git will deal with a merge between branches containing
the move vs fix, so it should work either way.

A downside of having the move in net-next would be that
you'd get trivial fixes send to Greg, but him being unable to
apply them to his tree because the code is elsewhere.

If you think it helps, I could prepare a pull request with this one
patch (and probably the bugfix I sent first that triggered it), and
then you can both merge the branch into net-next as well
as staging-next.

Arnd