Re: drivers/char/random.c needs a (new) maintainer

From: Marcelo Henrique Cerri
Date: Fri Dec 18 2020 - 08:26:21 EST

Hi, Ted and Jason.

Any updates on that?

I don't believe Torsten's concerns are simply about *applying* patches
but more about these long periods of radio silence. That kills
collaboration and disengage people. More than simply reviewing patches
I would expect a maintainer to give directions and drive the
community. Asking Jason to review Nicolai's patches was a step towards
that, but I believe we still could benefit from better communication.

Besides Nicolai's RFC, are you also planning to take another look at
Stephan's patches?

Thank you for your attention.

--
Regards,