Re: [resend/standalone PATCH v4] Add auxiliary bus support

From: Jason Gunthorpe
Date: Fri Dec 18 2020 - 09:10:38 EST

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 01:17:09PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> As previously discussed this will need the auxilliary bus extending to
> support at least interrupts and possibly also general resources.

I thought the recent LWN article summed it up nicely, auxillary bus is
for gluing to subsystems together using a driver specific software API
to connect to the HW, MFD is for splitting a physical HW into disjoint
regions of HW.

Maybe there is some overlap, but if you want to add HW representations
to the general auxillary device then I think you are using it for the
wrong thing.

Jason