Re: tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Fixes for regression

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Mon Jan 04 2021 - 06:57:59 EST

Hi,

On 12/21/20 8:18 AM, Srinivas Pandruvada wrote:
> One side-effect of fixing the scaling frequency limits using the
> commit eacc9c5a927e ("cpufreq: intel_pstate: Fix intel_pstate_get_hwp_max()
> for turbo disabled") causes stale HWP_CAP.GUARANTEED to be used as max.
> Without processing HWP interrupts, user space needs to be able to update
> a new max while Intel SST is in use. This is not a problem as the
> change of guaranteed is caused by user space action, so user space knows
> that guarantee will change.
>
> This series causes user space to trigger scaling_max_freq update with
> the new base_frequency.
>

> Srinivas Pandruvada (2):
> tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Set scaling_max_freq to
> base_frequency
> tools/power/x86/intel-speed-select: Set higher of cpuinfo_max_freq or
> base_frequency

Thank you for your patch-series, I've applied the series to my
review-hans branch:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pdx86/platform-drivers-x86.git/log/?h=review-hans

Note it will show up in my review-hans branch once I've pushed my
local branch there, which might take a while.

Once I've run some tests on this branch the patches there will be
added to the platform-drivers-x86/for-next branch and eventually
will be included in the pdx86 pull-request to Linus for the next
merge-window.

Regards,

Hans