Re: [v2] net: qrtr: fix null pointer dereference in qrtr_ns_remove

From: Qinglang Miao
Date: Wed Jan 06 2021 - 04:47:30 EST

在 2021/1/6 16:09, Markus Elfring 写道:
A null-ptr-deref bug is reported by Hulk Robot like this:

Can it be clearer to use the term “null pointer dereference” for the final commit message?
This advice is too detailed for 'null-ptr-deref' is known as a general phrase

This key word was provided already by the referenced KASAN report.

Yep, you're right. 'null-ptr-deref' is not really proper here.

like 'use-after-free' for kernel developer, I think.
I suggest to reconsider the use of abbreviations at some places.

Fix it by making …

Would you like to replace this wording by the tag “Fixes”?
Sorry, I didn't get your words.

'Fix it by' follows the solution

I propose to specify the desired adjustments without such a prefix
in the change description.
Sorry, I can understand what you means, but I still disagree with this one, for:

1. 'Fix it by' is everywhere in kernel commit message.
2. I think adding it or not makes no change for understanding.
3. I'm not sure this is an official proposal.

In fact, I do considered using 'Fixes' on this one,

Thanks for such information.

but it's hard to tell which specific commit brought this null pointer dereference.

This aspect is unfortunate here. >
Regards,
Markus
.

Thanks anyway, I shall pay more attention to commit message. ;D