Re: [x86/mce] 7bb39313cd: netperf.Throughput_tps -4.5% regression

From: Feng Tang
Date: Tue Jan 19 2021 - 07:27:48 EST

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:02:55AM +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 08:27:21PM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > I bet that the results vary depending on the type of CPU, and also on
> > the kernel address-space layout, which of course also varies based on
> > the Kconfig options. Let's see how the maintainers would like to proceed.
>
> So I ran the "reproduce" script in the original mail on a KBL box here
> with the .config tailored for it:
>
> cpu family : 6
> model : 158
> model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
> stepping : 12
> microcode : 0xd6

I will also try to find a similar KBL in 0day to run the job. This
-4.5% comes from a CascadeLake AP which is 4 nodes, 96C/192T.

> and I get mixed results. But I'd need to know how exactly they generate
> the metrics "netperf.Throughput_total_tps" and "netperf.Throughput_tps"
>
> Feng?

I have to admit I'm just a dumb user of 0day :) I'll leave this question
to Philip/Oliver/Rong who are from 0day team.

I assumed you've cloned the lkp-tests.git, and seems one Ruby file
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/blob/master/stats/netperf is used to
process the output of the netperf.

Thanks,
Feng