[PATCH v11 00/16] dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: support Intel KeemBay AxiDMA
From: Sia Jee Heng
Date: Thu Jan 21 2021 - 07:25:55 EST
The below patch series are to support AxiDMA running on Intel KeemBay SoC.
The base driver is dw-axi-dmac. This driver only support DMA memory copy transfers.
Code refactoring is needed so that additional features can be supported.
The features added in this patch series are:
- Replacing Linked List with virtual descriptor management.
- Remove unrelated hw desc stuff from dma memory pool.
- Manage dma memory pool alloc/destroy based on channel activity.
- Support dmaengine device_sync() callback.
- Support dmaengine device_config().
- Support dmaengine device_prep_slave_sg().
- Support dmaengine device_prep_dma_cyclic().
- Support of_dma_controller_register().
- Support burst residue granularity.
- Support Intel KeemBay AxiDMA registers.
- Support Intel KeemBay AxiDMA device handshake.
- Support Intel KeemBay AxiDMA BYTE and HALFWORD device operation.
- Add constraint to Max segment size.
- Virtually split the linked-list.
This patch series are tested on Intel KeemBay platform.
Eugeniy Paltsev has runtime tested this patch series on HSDK SoC/board.
- Fixed bot build warning.
- Rebased to kernel v5.11-rc4
- Added Reviewed-by and Tested-by tag from Eugeniy Paltsev.
- Logic checked on apb_regs inside the function.
- Improved code scalability so that missing of apb_regs wouldn't failed
the common callback functions.
- Rebased to kernel v5.11-rc1.
- Added reviewed-by tag from Rob.
- Added 'allOf' and '$ref:dma-controller.yaml#' in DT binding.
- Removed the dma-channels common description in DT binding.
- Removed the default fields in DT binding.
- Removed 'allOf' cases in DT binding.
- Added '>' at the end of the email address.
- Removed additional '|' at the start of description.
- Fixed space indent.
- Added proper constraint in DT binding.
- Removed second example in DT binding.
- Added comment to the Apb registers used by Intel KeemBay Soc.
- Renamed "hs_num" to "handshake_num".
- Conditional check for the compatible property and return error
instead of printing warning.
- Added patch 16th to virtually split the linked-list as per
request from ALSA team.
- Fixed bot found errors running make_dt_binding_check.
- Added minItems: 1 to the YAML schemas DT binding.
- Updated "reg" field to the YAML schemas DT binding.
- Added additionalProperties: false to the YAML schemas DT binding.
- Reordered patch sequence for patch 10th, 11th and 12th so that
DT binding come first, follow by adding Intel KeemBay SoC registers
and update .compatible field.
- Checked txstate NULL condition.
- Created helper function dw_axi_dma_set_hw_desc() to handle common code.
- Rebased to v5.10-rc1 kernel.
- Added support for dmaengine device_config().
- Added support for dmaengine device_prep_slave_sg().
- Added support for dmaengine device_prep_dma_cyclic().
- Added support for of_dma_controller_register().
- Added support for burst residue granularity.
- Added support for Intel KeemBay AxiDMA registers.
- Added support for Intel KeemBay AxiDMA device handshake.
- Added support for Intel KeemBay AxiDMA BYTE and HALFWORD device operation.
- Added constraint to Max segment size.
- Initial version. Patch on top of dw-axi-dma driver. This version improve
the descriptor management by replacing Linked List Item (LLI) with
virtual descriptor management, only allocate hardware LLI memories from
DMA memory pool, manage DMA memory pool alloc/destroy based on channel
activity and to support device_sync callback.
Sia Jee Heng (16):
dt-bindings: dma: Add YAML schemas for dw-axi-dmac
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: simplify descriptor management
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: move dma_pool_create() to
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Add device_synchronize() callback
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Add device_config operation
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Support device_prep_slave_sg
dmaegine: dw-axi-dmac: Support device_prep_dma_cyclic()
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Support of_dma_controller_register()
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Support burst residue granularity
dt-binding: dma: dw-axi-dmac: Add support for Intel KeemBay AxiDMA
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Add Intel KeemBay DMA register fields
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Add Intel KeemBay AxiDMA support
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Add Intel KeemBay AxiDMA handshake
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Add Intel KeemBay AxiDMA BYTE and HALFWORD
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Set constraint to the Max segment size
dmaengine: dw-axi-dmac: Virtually split the linked-list
.../bindings/dma/snps,dw-axi-dmac.txt | 39 -
.../bindings/dma/snps,dw-axi-dmac.yaml | 126 ++++
.../dma/dw-axi-dmac/dw-axi-dmac-platform.c | 696 +++++++++++++++---
drivers/dma/dw-axi-dmac/dw-axi-dmac.h | 34 +-
4 files changed, 763 insertions(+), 132 deletions(-)
delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/snps,dw-axi-dmac.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/snps,dw-axi-dmac.yaml