Re: [PATCH v5 00/10] sunxi: Support IRQ wakeup from deep sleep
From: Samuel Holland
Date: Sat Jan 23 2021 - 01:29:46 EST
On 1/22/21 4:47 AM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 07:33:54PM -0600, Samuel Holland wrote:
>> On 1/21/21 2:35 PM, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 23:50:30 -0600, Samuel Holland wrote:
>>>> Allwinner sun6i/sun8i/sun50i SoCs (A31 and newer) have two interrupt
>>>> controllers: GIC and R_INTC. GIC does not support wakeup. R_INTC handles
>>>> the external NMI pin, and provides 32+ IRQs to the ARISC. The first 16
>>>> of these correspond 1:1 to a block of GIC IRQs starting with the NMI.
>>>> The last 13-16 multiplex the first (up to) 128 GIC SPIs.
>>>> This series replaces the existing chained irqchip driver that could only
>>>> control the NMI, with a stacked irqchip driver that also provides wakeup
>>>> capability for those multiplexed SPI IRQs. The idea is to preconfigure
>>>> the ARISC's IRQ controller, and then the ARISC firmware knows to wake up
>>>> as soon as it receives an IRQ. It can also decide how deep it can
>>>> suspend based on the enabled wakeup IRQs.
>>> Applied to irq/irqchip-5.12, thanks!
>>> [01/10] dt-bindings: irq: sun6i-r: Split the binding from sun7i-nmi
>>> commit: ad6b47cdef760410311f41876b21eb0c6fda4717
>>> [02/10] dt-bindings: irq: sun6i-r: Add a compatible for the H3
>>> commit: 6436eb4417094ea3308b33d8392fc02a1068dc78
>>> [03/10] irqchip/sun6i-r: Use a stacked irqchip driver
>>> commit: 4e34614636b31747b190488240a95647c227021f
>>> [04/10] irqchip/sun6i-r: Add wakeup support
>>> commit: 7ab365f6cd6de1e2b0cb1e1e3873dbf68e6f1003
>>> Please route the dts patches via the soc tree. Also, I had to
>>> manually fix the first patch as it wouldn't apply on top of
>>> 5.11-rc4 (which tree has it been diffed against?). Please
>>> check that the resolution is correct.
>> This series was based on sunxi/for-next, which contains commit
>> 752b0aac99c7 ("dt-bindings: irq: sun7i-nmi: Add binding documentation
>> for the V3s NMI").
> I assume merging the DT bits alone would break things? If so, I guess we
> can wait for 5.12 to be released before merging it
Patch 5 does not depend on the new driver, so it could be merged at any
time. Yes, the remaining patches would break things if merged without