Re: [RESEND v4 1/6] misc: Add Synopsys DesignWare xData IP driver

From: Krzysztof Wilczyński
Date: Mon Feb 08 2021 - 17:54:58 EST

[+cc Bjorn]

Hi Gustavo,

[...]
> Thanks for your review. I will wait for a couple of days, before sending
> a new version of this patch series based on your feedback.

Thank you!

There might be one more change, and improvement, to be done as per
Bjorn's feedback, see:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pci/20210208193516.GA406304@bjorn-Precision-5520/

The code in question would be (exceprt from the patch):

[...]
+static int dw_xdata_pcie_probe(struct pci_dev *pdev,
+ const struct pci_device_id *pid)
+{
+ const struct dw_xdata_pcie_data *pdata = (void *)pid->driver_data;
+ struct dw_xdata *dw;
[...]
+ dw->rg_region.vaddr = pcim_iomap_table(pdev)[pdata->rg_bar];
+ if (!dw->rg_region.vaddr)
+ return -ENOMEM;
[...]

Perhaps something like the following would would?

void __iomem * const *iomap_table;

iomap_table = pcim_iomap_table(pdev);
if (!iomap_table)
return -ENOMEM;

dw->rg_region.vaddr = iomap_table[pdata->rg_bar];
if (!dw->rg_region.vaddr)
return -ENOMEM;

With sensible error messages added, of course. What do you think?

Krzysztof