Re: [kbuild-all] Re: [patch 06/12] x86/entry: Convert system vectors to irq stack macro

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Feb 09 2021 - 05:53:07 EST

On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 04:57:09PM +0800, Rong Chen wrote:
> Thanks for the help, how can we identify the patches for tip tree,
> could you please guide us?

I guess something like:

cat patch | ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -m --no-r --no-l

For a tip patch, it should give, among others:

x86@xxxxxxxxxx (maintainer:X86 ARCHITECTURE (32-BIT AND 64-BIT))

which is the tip ML.

You'd need to play with this a bit to see what works best.

Also, I'm wondering if it would make sense to have some special syntax
to let the 0day bot know on which tree to apply the patches after
scraping or to even be able to say: "do not test" when sending just an
example patch which is not supposed to be used anyway and thus you don't
have to waste infra cycles on it.

HTH.

--
Regards/Gruss,