Re: [BUG REPORT] media: coda: mpeg4 decode corruption on i.MX6qp only

From: Sven Van Asbroeck
Date: Wed Feb 10 2021 - 13:26:51 EST

Bonjour Nicolas,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 11:11 AM Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you sure you aren't just running out of CMA ? This is the only things that
> comes to mind at the moment, sorry if it's not that useful.

Thanks for the suggestion! No worries, this is such a strange/weird
problem, that basically any idea has merit at this point.

I tried increasing the CMA area from 256M -> 512M, but there was no
impact. The critical framebuffer width still remains the same
(=0x900).

And everything works fine on a classic i.MX6Quad, it's only the
i.MX6QuadPlus that has the problem. I am running i.MX6Quad and
i.MX6QuadPlus side-by-side with identical kernels/rootfses. Obviously
the devicetree is slightly different.

Sven