Re: [RFC] IRQ handlers run with some high-priority interrupts(not NMI) enabled on some platform

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Fri Feb 12 2021 - 18:06:53 EST

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 12:00 AM Song Bao Hua (Barry Song)
<song.bao.hua@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

My point was that on most other architectures, local_irq_save()/restore()
always disables/enables all interrupts, while on m68k it restores the
specific level they were on before. On alpha, it does the same as on m68k,
but then the top-level interrupt handler just disables them all before calling
into any other code.

It's possible that I missed some other implementation doing the same
as m68k, as this code is fairly subtle on some architectures.

Arnd