Re: [GIT PULL tip/core/rcu] RCU, LKMM, and KCSAN commits for v5.12

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sat Feb 13 2021 - 07:39:52 EST

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 07:07:05AM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> Thank you, Ingo! In the future, I will group nolibc with RCU. But there
> has to be something other than RCU that needs it. I will take a look. ;-)

All my kernels boot using a "preinit" that is built with nolibc and
integrated into the initramfs. Historically it used to just create /dev
entries and mount the rootfs, nowadays it's used to untar modules and
finish the boot so that I can have a clean separation between a kernel
image and a rootfs. It even allows to perform some minimal debugging as
it includes a minimalistic shell. Do you think something like this could
be of any use in your development sessions ? If so I can discuss this
with you in a separate thread so as not to annoy everyone. Just let me
know :-)

Cheers,
Willy