Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rust tree with the kbuild tree

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Thu Mar 18 2021 - 01:05:55 EST

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 5:37 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I fixed it up (see below - I think I got this right ...) and can carry
> the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
> concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may
> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
> conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Yeah, the TENTATIVE_CLANG_FLAGS is the workaround to support GCC I
mentioned privately. It is unfortunate that particular bit was the one
that had to give you a conflict... :-)

Longer-term, Masahiro et. al. may have better ideas on how to do the
whole trick in a cleaner way (kbuild folks: don't worry, our branch is
not going to be merged just yet ;-)

Cheers,
Miguel