[PATCH 1/2] USB: core: drop outdated interface-binding comment
From: Johan Hovold
Date: Thu Mar 18 2021 - 11:55:02 EST
It's been almost twenty years since USB drivers returned a data pointer
from their probe routines in order to bind to an interface.
Time to update the documentation for usb_driver_claim_interface().
Signed-off-by: Johan Hovold <johan@xxxxxxxxxx>
drivers/usb/core/driver.c | 4 ----
1 file changed, 4 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/usb/core/driver.c b/drivers/usb/core/driver.c
index 4dfa44d6cc3c..a1013d9da08d 100644
@@ -526,10 +526,6 @@ static int usb_unbind_interface(struct device *dev)
* No device driver should directly modify internal usb_interface or
* usb_device structure members.
- * Few drivers should need to use this routine, since the most natural
- * way to bind to an interface is to return the private data from
- * the driver's probe() method.
* Callers must own the device lock, so driver probe() entries don't need
* extra locking, but other call contexts may need to explicitly claim that