Re: Regression v5.12-rc3: net: stmmac: re-init rx buffers when mac resume back

From: Jon Hunter
Date: Wed Mar 24 2021 - 08:40:04 EST

On 24/03/2021 12:20, Joakim Zhang wrote:

> Sorry for this breakage at your side.
>
> You mean one of your boards? Does other boards with STMMAC can work fine?

We have two devices with the STMMAC and one works OK and the other
fails. They are different generation of device and so there could be
some architectural differences which is causing this to only be seen on
one device.

> We do daily test with NFS to mount rootfs, on issue found. And I add this patch at the resume patch, and on error check, this should not break suspend.
> I even did the overnight stress test, there is no issue found.
>
> Could you please do more test to see where the issue happen?

The issue occurs 100% of the time on the failing board and always on the
first resume from suspend. Is there any more debug I can enable to track
down what the problem is?

Jon

--
nvpublic