Re: netdevice.7 SIOCGIFFLAGS/SIOCSIFFLAGS

From: Alejandro Colomar (man-pages)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2021 - 15:33:01 EST

[PING mtk, netdev@]
[CC += linux-kernel]

Hi Erik,

On 4/29/21 9:45 PM, Erik Flodin wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 21:56, Alejandro Colomar (man-pages)
> <alx.manpages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> [CC += netdev]
>>
>> Hi Erik,
>>
>> On 4/14/21 8:52 PM, Erik Flodin wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Judging from commit message in the commit linked above it was added by
>>> mistake. As noted the flags are accessible via netlink, just not via
>>> SIOCGIFFLAGS.
>>>
>>> // Erik
>>>

>> I should have CCd netdev@ before. Thanks for the update. Let's see if
>> anyone there can comment.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alex
>>

> Hi again,
>
> Have there been any updates on this one?

No, Noone from the kernel answered. And I'm sorry, but I'm not sure
what is going on in the code, so I don't want to close this here by just
removing those flags from the manual page, because I worry that the
actual code may be wrong or something. So I prefer that when Michael
has some time he can maybe review this and say something. Ideally,
someone from the kernel would also respond, but they haven't. I've CCd
the LKML; let's see if someone reads this and can help.

Thanks,

Alex

P.S.: Please, if we haven't responded in a month from now, ping us
again. Thanks again.